I have never hoped so much to get C’s in my classes! I have also never studied so hard as I have this semester. Those of you that are familiar with my study habits know that they are basically non-existent. Well, this weekend I studied 8 hours for tests, not to mention the studying I have done as we have gone along. That’s right, I have been studying regularly. Amazing. I don’t think it really helps though because the test I took yesterday and the test I took tonight were so hard! Come on C’s!
I found the best deli in Atlanta yesterday! It’s called Reuben’s Deli on Broad St. in downtown ATL. I told the owner before I left that it was the best sandwich I had ever had.
If you want to go, let me know!
Tonight Ella and I went to dinner and the playground while Jen and Reid had small group. She was totally cracking me up! Here are three of the conversations that had me laughing!
Scene 1- McDonald’s (Ella’s choice) talking about why there are pictures of the new Bumble Bee movie everywhere.
Me: It’s a new movie that is coming to the theater
Ella: I get popcorn and candy when I go to the movie!
Me: I love to get popcorn at the movie!
Ella: I got popcorn and candy when I saw Mr. TootyMonsterMouse
Me: ….(silence and confused look…what did she say?) Oh, you had popcorn and candy when you saw Ratatouille?
Ella: Yeah! Ratatooty!
Scene 2- In the car picking out what music we are going to listen to.
Ella: I want to hear that girl.
Me: Oh, you want to hear “Kiss the Girl” (you know…from the Little Mermaid)
Ella: No, the other girl. You know, Shalah.
Me: Shalah? What does it sound like?
Ella: You know, “Shalah, kiss the girl”
(for those of you that don’t know the Little Mermaid song, it has several “Shalala’s” in it!
Scene 3- Ella is taking a bath and drinking the bath water
Me: Did you tinkle in that water?
Ella: No! That was a good guess though!
Patti was my best friend at Brentwood High School. We were actually able to keep our friendship going for a couple of years after I moved, but then college happened and we lost touch. Well, I finally found her and she wants me to do this (and I don’t want to be writing my paper for Investment Analysis), so here we go!
8 Things I’m Passionate About:
4. Heaven- anytime you want to go for a meal and talk about Heaven, I am in!
5. Michigan football (shallow, I know)
6. Serving my friends by investing in the lives of their kids
7. Missions- going or sending- I’m not picky
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Go to Europe (specifically Croatia and Greece)
2. See the Grand Canyon (maybe raft through it!)
3. Marry the man of my dreams (TBD)
4. Go back to Costa Rica to visit
5. Hang out with Patti! (remember Atlantafest and writing our Smoothie song?!)
6. Leave a legacy
7. Finish school
8. Leave a legacy
8 Things I Say Often:
1. What do you want to do for lunch?
2. Is Ella coming over?
3. I am so ready to be done with school.
4. I love you Ella!
5. I need a diet coke.
6. Can you go out of town so I can babysit?
7. Want to go get sushi?
8. Read my blog.
8 Books I’ve Read Recently:
1. The Inner Voice of Love- Nouwen
2. Real Estate Law
3. Business Law
4. Investment Analysis
5. Urban Developement- I remember when I used to read for fun….
6. The Journey of Desire- Eldredge (never get tired of this one!)
7. Automatic Millionaire- Bach (Read this book! Everyone read it! It will help you with your finances)
8. This is stressing me out…I can’t think of another one…
8 Songs I listen to Over and Over
1. God Is With Us- Michael Olson
2. External Fix It Remedies- Matt Wertz
3. Rocksteady- Marc Broussard
4. I’ve Got the World On A String- Michael Buble
5. You are the Light- Steve Fee
6. Everything- Michael Buble
7. Come and Listen- David Crowder
8. Life High- Steve Fee
8 Things I’ve Learned This Year:
1. I’m not in control.
2. I can’t fix people, only God can.
3. Good friendships are better than a lot of friends.
4. “Wait for the Lord. Be Strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
5. I’m not very good at Investment Analysis
6. I am actually pretty good at my job.
7. C’s and D’s get degrees. ( Just learned that today!)
8. I like sushi.
8 People I think Should do this:
3. Sarah O.
5. And anyone else I know that has a blog.
“C’s and D’s get degrees.”
Thank you to my friend Brenda for this inspirational advice!
Today I registered for classes for the last time at Georgia State University! That’s right, next semester is my last semester!
I have decided to start a regular weekly post that highlights 5 things I liked about the week. So this is for last week!
1. holding my nephew for 2 uninterupted hours
2. sushi lunch with ruth
3. hiking with ella
4. chiropratic adjustments
5. roasting hot dogs and marsh mallows with friends
You want to read an amazing story of a family who just lost their newborn to a terrible disease? Read this entire blog: http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com/
If you need a reality check to who your God really is and what Job meant when he said, “though he slay me, yet will I hope in him” then you need to read at least the post from today, October 20, 2007.