I haven’t really been inspired to write a blog lately (other than the post about El Salvador which was just my support letter that I copied and pasted), but that doesn’t mean there aren’t things going on. So here are some random thoughts collected over a few days, so any reference to time is completely irrelevant, but I reference it anyway.
- I finally bought the food processor I have been wanting. I saved up some money, took in a 20% off coupon, and I bought it. Then I took it home and cut my finger, including my tendon with it 20 minutes later. It was a typical Kelly move. I had to get 5 stitches…and I was kind of proud of them if I’m honest. Don’t worry, I didn’t sever the tendon…I know you were worrying about that.
- I was reading the book of Daniel a few days ago and there is a part of the story where soldiers came to Daniel’s house to kill him. Daniel knew they were not there to hang out, and in questioning why they were about to attack him, the Bible says “and Daniel spoke with wisdom and tact.” Wisdom and tact when they were about to kill him. I need to be more like Daniel. No one is ever trying to kill me and I still don’t manage to speak with wisdom and tact.
- I am still reading the book “Bonhoeffer.” It’s taking me a long time. It’s not a boring book, I just need to sit down and read it. I am not allowed to read the book by The Pioneer Woman until I finish it. I really want to read that Pioneer Woman book.
- Kilimanjaro is coming up in 23 weeks. I am really really excited about it. And at the same time, I don’t want to talk about it. I’m sure I will talk about it obsessively when I get back though, and everyone will be sick of it. So enjoy the silence now.
- I am trying to go one day a week technology free…except for my Kindle, which is technically technology, but it’s just books, and it’s ok to read books on my technology Sabbath day. On Saturday I did this and I spent the whole day doing what I wanted to do, including taking a nap. It was so restful and I felt so good at the end of the day. I guess that’s why God tells us to take a Sabbath. I couldn’t sleep at night though due to the nap. I didn’t care though.
- I took my stitches out tonight. The doctor said they only had to stay in for 12-14 days. It had been 12, and they were itching, so I took them out. I felt awesome doing that…I don’t know why. Probably because I was saving $100 by not having to go back to the hospital to take them out. And also partly because I was taking out my own stitches.
- I am selling my road bike. It’s really just been a decoration in my apartment for the last three years, so it’s time to make some money off if it. Here is the ad if you are interested: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bik/2844431993.html
- I really want to see the movie “The Vow.” I know it’s not going to win an Oscar, but it’s totally my kind of movie. I need to see it soon.
- I found out today that I don’t have a spare tire. Apparently it was just never there. No one has ever told me that, even though I have regularly had oil changes and rotated my tired. So I went to the tire store to buy a spare tire and they said you also have to buy a wheel…oh. That makes sense. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.